Week 15 Fantasy Rankings
Article by Mitch Lawson
It’s time for the semifinals. Well, at least in 95% of Fantasy Football leagues.
Readership of fantasy football articles is dwindling as owners’ fantasy seasons are ending. But I like to think that anyone who reads my articles is still right in the thick of the fantasy playoffs.
I’m back again to help you out, and I have the top players at each position (Standard scoring) so you can set your lineup to its full potential.
Let’s not waste any time as we jump right into the QBs:
Sleeper QB for Week 14: Nick Foles @ NYG — Yeah it’s perhaps a little crazy to expect a backup QB to step up and have a good fantasy game. But I really like the potential that Foles has in this offense. Foles’ decline as a starting QB can be chalked up to poor weapons around him, something I dive into further in my Truth or Bogus? this week. Sure he has a chance at being a bad start, but if you’re desperate I like what he has to offer against the awful Giants. I’ll predict he manages 275 yards, 2 TDs and an interception
Bust QB for Week 14: Jared Goff @ SEA — I know that there are plenty of people who feel like they have to trust Goff, but I wouldn’t. His low yardage gives him a serious bust potential. Plus, the weather for this game is forecast as potentially wet and cold. I’m predicting he gets 195 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs
- Drew Brees @ NYJ — Drew Brees has flown under the radar in recent weeks after playing through some pretty tough matchups. But he gets the worst ranked QB defense in the league and is primed for big time success this week.
- Tom Brady @ PIT — Some might expect to find Brady lower on this list, but I love what he’s done against the Steelers in previous matchups.
- Phillip Rivers @ KC — You could make a case for Rivers as the top QB this week, but I think he settles in nicely as the 3rd QB in fantasy.
- Ben Roethlisberger vs NE — Roethlisberger is playing some great football at the right time, he’ll excell this week.
- Cam Newton vs GB — Cam Newton has been great despite less-than-stellar matchups, this game has barn burner potential.
- Russell Wilson vs LAR — Wilson slips down my list further than he did against the Jags. But the Rams always play Wilson well and the weather forecast looks cold and wet for the outdoor matchup.
- Aaron Rodgers @ CAR — I’m sure people would love to see Rodgers higher on this list, but the reports on Monday and Tuesday were less optimistic than hoped. Still, he’s a top 10 option if he plays.
- Kirk Cousins vs ARI — His O-Line has completely collapsed, but he has a great matchup in week 15 against the sputtering Cards.
- Matt Ryan @ TB — Good matchup, but he has been the QB15 or worse in each week over the past 5.
- Blake Bortles vs HOU — Bortles’ arrow is pointing up and he has a great matchup this week.
- Dak Prescott @ OAK — Prescott is starting to look better, and finally had a good fantasy game. But he’s still a risky play even in a good matchup.
- Case Keenum vs CIN — Keenum has managed to stay a fantasy option over the past 4 weeks, he’ll be a back end QB1 in week 15.
- Jimmy Garoppolo vs TEN — Garoppolo has been really strong these past few weeks, and now gets a great matchup. He’s a streaming option.
- Nick Foles @ NYG — My sleeper of the week. I’d rather go with stronger options, but if you’re desperate he has upside.
- Matt Stafford vs CHI — Stafford has a tough matchup and should be avoided.
- Jared Goff @ SEA — Goff is my bust of the week. Bad weather and bad matchup combined with bad play is never good.
- Jameis Winston vs ATL
- Marcus Mariota @ SF
- Derek Carr vs DAL
- Andy Dalton @ MIN
- DeShone Kizer vs BAL
- Tyrod Taylor vs MIA
- Joe Flacco @ CLE
- Alex Smith vs LAC
- Jay Cutler @ BUF
Sleeper RB for Week 15: Kerwynn Williams @ WAS — He has had back-to-back games of over 80 scrimmage yards but no TDs, he’s an enticing option against the Tennessee Titans brutal run defense. I expect him to get 85 yards and a TD. Note that if AP plays, Williams is NOT startable.
Bust RB for Week 15: Carlos Hyde vs TEN — Hyde has been relatively bust-proof because of his use in the passing game. But his targets have dropped from 13 to 5 to 1 over the last 3 weeks. If isn’t a focal point of the passing offense, he will be swallowed up by a Titans defense that has been getting into the backfield better than any other team in football right now. I’ll forecast him at 13 carries for 50 yards and no TD.
- Le’Veon Bell (PIT) vs NE — He’s always got 30 fantasy point potential, this week will be no different. He’s the clear cut #1 in fantasy for week 15.
- Alvin Kamara (NO) vs NYJ — It’s simple. If he plays he is a Top 2 RB. This list will change to reflect that if it does not happen.
- Todd Gurley (LAR) @ SEA — Based on points scored so far, he is the number 1 RB in football. He gets a tough matchup but he can’t be bet against, least of all in a game as big as this.
- LeSean McCoy (BUF) vs MIA — Shady has had himself a solid fantasy year, but he’s only been one of the Top 10 RBs in any given week twice. He has a fantastic matchup against the Dolphins and could be a Top 3 RB this week.
- Mark Ingram (NO) vs NYJ — Ingram would be a sure Top 3 RB if Kamara sits out, but odds are Alvin will play. Still an RB1.
- Leonard Fournette (JAX) vs HOU — Had he not missed two games this season, Fournette would likely be ranked as the #4 overall RB. He has a beautiful matchup this week too.
- Melvin Gordon (LAC) @ KC — Nine games of over 10 fantasy points is a fantastic number, he’ll make it ten games this week.
- Alex Collins (BAL) @ CLE — Seattle just loves cutting RBs who go on to dominate in Baltimore don’t they?
- Devonta Freeman (ATL)@ TB — The Falcons showed that they were committing to Freeman. It’s a smart move, he’s got Top 5 potential in a great matchup.
- Kenyan Drake (MIA) @ BUF — Damien Williams or not, Kenyan Drake is a Top 10 RB in my books. Buffalo is dead last in RB defense.
- Jordan Howard (CHI) @ DET — Last week I called him bust and he ended up having his best game of the year. Ouch. He’s a borderline QB1 this week.
- Kareem Hunt (KC) vs LAC — Is he back? A juicy matchup against a bottom 10 run defense should tell us for sure!
- Marshawn Lynch (OAK) vs DAL — Five touchdowns in five weeks, Beast Mode still has an edge.
- Christian McCaffrey (CAR) vs GB — He had a terrible fantasy game last week thanks to Jonathon Stewart, he will bounce back.
- Jamaal Williams (GB) @ CAR — 15 carries per game over last five and a role in the passing game with Rodgers? Could be a big game for Williams.
- Rex Burkhead (NE) @ PIT — He was all the rage these past few weeks but he’ll be a dicey RB2 this week.
- Kerwynn Williams (ARI) @ WAS — My sleeper pick for this week. AP looks like he will miss this game, if so Williams has a great matchup.
- Carlos Hyde (SF) vs TEN — He’s got a bad matchup and his targets are plumetting. Could be a bust this week.
- Latavius Murray (MIN) vs CIN — He gets a great matchup and a prime shot to bounce back after a down game.
- Jay Ajayi (PHI) @ NYG — Best he ever finished this year was 10th ranked RB. He’s an RB2 at very best.
- Lamar Miller (HOU) @ JAX — Trusting Miller is always a risky proposition, especially so against Jacksonville.
- Alfred Morris (DAL) @ OAK — Morris had a bad game thanks to Rod Smith’s unreal effort, but he should bounce back in week 15.
- Dion Lewis (NE) @ PIT
- Mike Davis (SEA) vs LAR
- Samaje Perine (WAS) vs ARI
- Isaiah Crowell (CLE) vs BAL
- DeMarco Murray (TEN) @ SF
- Frank Gore (IND) vs DEN
- Theo Riddick (DAL) vs CHI
- CJ Anderson (DEN) @ IND
- Joe Mixon (CIN) @ MIN
- Tevin Coleman (ATL) @ TB
- Derrick Henry (TEN) @ SF
- Jerrick McKinnon (MIN) vs CIN
- Jonathon Stewart (CAR) vs GB
- Peyton Barber @ ATL
- Duke Johnson Jr. (CLE) vs BAL
- Rod Smith (DAL) @ OAK
- Bilal Powell (NYJ) @ NO
- Giovani Bernard (CIN) @ MIN
Sleeper WR for Week 15: Jordy Nelson @ CAR — Nelson fell off the face of the earth after Aaron Rodgers got injured. But when Rodgers was playing he was a Top 10 WR in three out of Rodgers’ four games. He’s right back on the WR2 radar against the Carolina Panthers. I’m going to roll the dice and forecast him for 8 receptions for 90 yards and a TD.
Bust WR for Week 15: Josh Gordon vs BAL — The Josh Gordon Hype train is chugging away at full speed, but it might be time to hit the brakes. Despite two good fantasy games, Gordon has only caught 7 passes over the last two games. His targets are not an issue, he’s had 17 over the period. But therein is the problem, he is catching passes from DeShone Kizer, who has been awful. He also now has to tend with a rock-solid Ravens defense who aren’t going to let Gordon get wide open for huge gains like he was able to do against the Packers. I’m expecting 55 yards and no TD from Gordon.
- Antonio Brown (PIT) vs NE — This is the kind of game you dream of in the fantasy semifinals. The Steelers could definitely end up in a shootout with the Pats, which could mean multi TDs and well over 100 yards for AB.
- Keenan Allen (LAC) @ KC — Four straight 100 yard games, and now a matchup against the second worst WR defense in football? Keenan Allen is the most mouthwatering WR for Week 15.
- Michael Thomas (NO) vs NYJ —Thomas has been a consistent all year but he hasn’t really had a massive stat-line yet (Not a single 20-point game). That could change this week.
- DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) @ JAX — Hopkins has a new QB to receive passes from, and his matchup is bad. But he’s a next level talent that should continue to produce.
- Adam Thielen (MIN) vs CIN — Thielen had a great game but showed a couple cracks with 2 dropped TDs. He should still be a WR1 against a tough Cincy defense.
- Brandin Cooks (NE) @ PIT — On paper this looks like a bad week for Cooks. He has struggled in back-to-back games and the Steelers are good, but he’ll have bounceback potential in a potential barn-burner.
- Devin Funchess (CAR) vs GB — Double digit points for 4 straight games, and he has a plus matchup.
- Davante Adams (GB) @ CAR — Rodgers’ return is great news for all Packer receivers, Adams will be a WR1 this week.
- Julio Jones (ATL) @ TB — He’s a tad overrated. He’s had two fantastic games but has never been better than WR15 12 of the Falcons 14 games.
- A.J. Green (CIN) @ MIN — He’ll face tight coverage but he’s a back-end WR1.
- Jordy Nelson @ CAR — My sleeper for week 15, he could come roaring back with Rodgers back under centre.
- Marquise Goodwin (SF) vs TEN — Another guy I wanted to name a sleeper, Goodwin has been super solid and flying under the radar.
- Michael Crabtree (OAK) vs DAL — It might be a little foolhardy to trust Crabtree again, but he has another great matchup with Cooper likely to be sidelined.
- Doug Baldwin (SEA) vs LAR — Baldwin has seen no more than 7 targets over his last 5 games. He has a bad matchup and there is potentially going to be bad weather. He falls to lower WR2 for week 15.
- Alshon Jeffery PHI @ NYG — I don’t think Alshon will suffer nearly as badly as some think with Foles at QB.
- Marvin Jones Jr. (DET) vs CHI — He has a tough matchup, but Jones has remained solid these past weeks.
- Dez Bryant (DAL) @ OAK — A definite bust possibilty. Even if he does end up the 17th best WR that would be one of his better finishes of the year.
- Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) @ WAS — He’s a volatile player. He’s either really good or really boring. He’s a WR2 this week.
- Tyreek Hill (KC) vs LAC — He’s VERY hit or miss. I am guessing miss against the tough Chargers defense, he’s a potential bust.
- Marquise Lee (JAX) vs HOU — The Jags have a juicy matchup this week, there could be touchdowns up for grabs in Jacksonville.
- Jarvis Landry (MIA) @ BUF — His floor is decent and he’s an endzone hound, he’s underrated in fantasy.
- Dede Westbrook (JAX) vs HOU — He’s improved in each week since he made his debut. He’s a potential sleeper.
- Golden Tate (DET) vs CHI — He’s a back end WR2 at best, he’s just got too low of a ceiling.
- Stefon Diggs (MIN) vs CIN — I think he finally finds the endzone as the Vikings try and earn a playoff spot.
- Mike Evans (TB) vs ATL — Last time Evans cracked the Top 20? Week 7! Yikes!
- Josh Gordon (CLE) vs BAL — My bust of the week, Gordon is all sizzle and no steak in my opinion, despite his TD last week.
- Robby Anderson (NYJ) @ NO — Back to back 100 yard games before last week, but this matchup is tough again, and now no McCown.
- Jamison Crowder (WAS) vs ARI
- Demaryius Thomas (DEN) @ IND
- JuJu Smith Schuster (PIT) vs NE
- Mohamed Sanu (ATL) @ TB
- T.Y. Hilton (IND) vs DEN
- Cooper Kupp (LAR) @ SEA
- Chris Hogan (NE) @ PIT
- Robert Woods (LAR) @ SEA
- Sterling Shepard (NYG) vs PHI
- Mike Wallace (BAL) @ CLE
- Paul Richardson (SEA) vs LAR
- Rishard Matthews (TEN) @ SF
- Sammy Watkins (LAR) @ SEA
- Rob Gronkowski (NE) @ PIT — Brady has to be foaming at the mouth, both in anger and in anticipation of Gronk’s return.
- Zach Ertz (PHI) @ NYG — He is healthy and should benefit from Foles putting focus on moving the change and throwing contested passes.
- Travis Kelce (KC) vs LAC — A tougher than usual matchup for Kelce, he remains a Top 3 option.
- Delanie Walker (TEN) @ SF — Walker is as dependable as they come, he’s weekly Top 5.
- Jimmy Graham (SEA) vs LAR — A zero catch game is scary, so is the fact that if he doesn’t find the endzone he’s got brutal yardage totals.
- Hunter Henry (LAC) @ KC — He has had a fantastic 3 week stretch, he’ll likely make it 4.
- Evan Engram (NYG) vs PHI — Engram is the only player in the Giants offense who is pulling his weight. He’s a back end TE1.
- Kyle Rudolph (MIN) vs CIN — Questionable, Ankle — Reports say he was in a walking boot. Monitor his status very carefully.
- Jack Doyle (IND) vs DEN
- Eric Ebron (DET) vs CHI
- Jared Cook (OAK) vs DAL
- Jason Witten (DAL) @ OAK
- Vernon Davis (WAS) vs ARI
- Adam Shaheen (CHI) @ DET
- OJ Howard (TB) vs ATL
- Jaguars vs. HOU
- Saints vs. NYJ
- Ravens @ CLE
- Vikings vs. CIN
- Eagles @ NYG
- Broncos @ IND
- Bills vs MIA
- Lions vs CHI
- Chargers @ KC
- Redskins vs ARI
- Falcons @ TB
- Seahawks vs LAR
- Cowboys @ OAK
- Titans @ SF
- Cardinals @ WAS
- Stephen Gostkowski (NE) @ PIT
- Wil Lutz (NO) vs NYJ
- Greg Zuerlein (LAR) @ SEA
- Justin Tucker (BAL) @ CLE
- Matt Bryant (ATL) @ TB
- Matt Prater (DET) vs CHI
- Harrison Butker (KC) vs LAC
- Chris Boswell (PIT) vs NE
- Dan Bailey (DAL) @ OAK
- Jake Elliott (PHI) @ NYG
That’s it for my Semi-Finals rankings! Check back next week and I’ll help you earn that fantasy league championship.
Until then, take care.
Mitch Lawson is a Canadian based Fantasy Football enthusiast and lifelong Seahawks fan. If you have questions or comments, send him an email at email@example.com. You can also find him on: