Week 16 Fantasy Football Rankings
Article by Mitch Lawson (Sleeperbot username : @PeteCarroline )
Sleeper QB for Week 16: Blake Bortles @ SF — Blake Bortles is absolutely on fire. He has put up at least two passing TDs in his past 3 games and he’s going up against a San Francisco defense that has nothing left to play for. If Garoppolo can keep the game within two scores, expect Bortles to fling to Westbrook, Cole and perhaps Mickens, and light up the scoresheet. I’m predicting 325 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT.
Bust QB for Week 16: Nick Foles vs. OAK — There will be many owners that want to use Foles this week after he came alive in Week 15. But theres a good chance he gets benched, as the Eagles are runoured to be considering resting starters with a first round bye in hand. Plus, he was reliant on TDs for fantasy value last week. I’m predicting that he’ll throw for 240 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs
- Russell Wilson (SEA) @ DAL — Russell Wilson is coming off a pretty awful effort against a division rival. But he has a great bounce back spot in what is undoubtedly their most important game of the year this time. Dallas will have Zeke back and will force Seattle to keep pace offensively. Wilson is a great bet for 300 yards and 3 TDs.
- Cam Newton (CAR) vs TB — Newton was the best QB in fantasy football in week 15 and he has a prime spot to duplicate that result. The Buccaneers are sputtering in every aspect of their game and the Panthers are riding hotter than they have all year. With a division win on the line, Newton will be a Top 3 QB.
- Blake Bortles (JAX) @ SF — Yeah, I am ranking Blake Bortles as my #3 QB over Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. He’s been on fire recently and has found two new toys in Jaydon Mickon and Keelan Cole to go with emerging rookie star Dede Westbrook and they face a 49ers defense that bleeds points to QBs.
- Tom Brady (NE) @ BUF — He is healthy and so is most of this offense, but Brady has now put up 3 straight disappointing games. It’s feasible that few of his fantasy owners are left standing after that stretch. He needs to be better, and should be at home against the Bills.
- Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) @ HOU — He loses Antonio Brown, but he gets a fantastic matchup and still has excellent weapons around him. He’s a Top 5 QB this week.
- Phillip Rivers (LAC) @ NYJ — Yet another QB who struggled last week, Philip Rivers gets a nice matchup in order to bounce back. Expect a decent fantasy day.
- Drew Brees (NO) @ ATL — Drew Brees is entering a huge matchup to help earn a top seed in the NFC, but he’s only had three 300-yard game and only one game of 3 TDs. His ceiling is hurt by the Saints overpowering run game.
- Case Keenum (MIN) @ GB — Keenum has quietly been one of the more consistent QBs in fantasy. He has a good matchup this week.
- Jared Goff (LAR) @ TEN — Goff has failed to inspire a ton of confidence recently but he has a great matchup
- Alex Smith (KC) vs MIA — Smith gets a good matchup and has some streaming value with Hunt back to form.
- Kirk Cousins (WAS) vs DEN — Cousins needs a strong performance against a decent Denver Defense in order to come through with fantasy relevance.
- Matt Ryan (ATL) @ NO — Matt Ryan has had a mediocre season and shouldn’t be trusted in championship week.
- Tyrod Taylor (BUF) @ NE — I wouldn’t want to have to trust Tyrod this week, however he has a plus matchup against a division rival
- Dak Prescott (DAL) vs SEA — with Elliot back he has some of the old but he still has to face a decent Hawks defense.
- Nick Foles (PHI) vs OAK — My bust of the week. Could struggle if he doesn’t find The End Zone enough and might get benched.
- Joe Flacco (BAL) vs IND — back-end streamer value at best
- Matt Stafford (DET) @ CIN
- Jameis Winston (TB) @ CAR
- Marcus Mariota (TEN) vs LAR
- Derek Carr (OAK) @ PHI
- Jimmy Garoppolo (SF) vs JAX
- Andy Dalton (CIN) vs DET
- DeShone Kizer (CLE) @ CHI
- Eli Manning (NYG) @ ARI
- Brett Hundley (GB) vs MIN
Sleeper RB for Week 16: Joe Mixon vs DET — Mixon looks like he is in line to start this week after suffering a concussion. He comes back to a good matchup against a weak Lions run defense. I also expect Giovani Bernard will not be a factor after a medicore stretch of play in Mixon’s absence. I predict he will handle 22 touches for 110 yards and 1 TD.
Bust RB for Week 16: CJ Anderson @ WAS — After a good couple of weeks, owners are considering starting Anderson again in the fantasy championships. Don’t. He might be seeing close to 20 touches per game, but he regularly plods his way to low YPC, he’s also a low-percentage TD player. You can do better than him. I’m predicting 18 touches for 45 yards and 0 TDs.
- Le’Veon Bell (PIT) @ HOU — Without Antonio Brown in the mix Le’Veon Bell is in line for a Workhorse type of game. He could find himself on a lot of fantasy Championship rosters after this week.
- Todd Gurley (LAR) @ TEN — Gurley is currently the number one running back in fantasy football and should continue his high-end performance this week.
- Ezekiel Elliott (DAL) vs SEA — Zeke is back, and any fantasy owners who made the finals without him now get a huge advantage. A top 5 RB finish is an expectation, not a ceiling.
- Alvin Kamara (NO) vs ATL — Kamara is slowly returning to his top 3 form after missing a game but he should be trusted against the Falcons.
- LeSean McCoy (BUF) @ NE — McCoy is a must-start every week, but this week he gets a fantastic match against a divisional rival.
- Kareem Hunt (KC) vs MIA — If you survived Hunt’s poor performances in the mid-season stretch, you’ve found yourself with a reborn elite RB option. Start him with confidence.
- Kenyan Drake (MIA) @ KC — Kenyan Drake has been making the Dolphins look genius for trading away Ajayi, he has another decent matchup.
- Leonard Fournette (JAX) @ SF — It looks as if Fournette will be good to go, that’s great news for fantasy owners as he gets a tasty matchup.
- Devonta Freeman (ATL) @ NO — Freeman thrived last week without Coleman around. Expect the Falcons to go back to the well with Freeman and give him around 20 total touches. He’s a back-end RB1 with great upside.
- Melvin Gordon (LAC) vs NYJ — Gordon has been picking up his game in the past few weeks. He should be relied on as a RB1 against the Jets run defense.
- Dion Lewis (NE) vs BUF — Lewis has been playing well recently, and with the injury to Burkhead he’s on the RB1 borderline.
- Mark Ingram (NO) vs ATL — Usually averaging around 16 touches per game, Ingram is always a risk for a bust. But he should be usable even against a tough Falcons defense.
- Alex Collins (BAL) vs IND — Collins had a dud last week but he should have plenty of room to work at home against the Colts.
- Latavius Murray (MIN) @ GB — McKinnon is eating into his value but he’s a solid RB2 in a good matchup.
- Christian McCaffrey (CAR) vs TB — McCaffrey gets a great matchup and the Panthers need a win, he’s a decent RB2.
- Jordan Howard (CHI) vs CLE — Jordan Howard’s fantasy relevance has been spotty at best. I doubt he will see a heavy workload in a meaningless game.
- Joe Mixon (CIN) vs DET — My sleeper of the week, he should bounce back nicely against the Tigers poor run defense.
- Lamar Miller (HOU) vs PIT — Miller has a less-than-ideal matchup and his play has been unreliable this year, but he’s startable due to volume alone.
- Jamaal Williams (GB) vs MIN
- Kerwynn Williams (ARI) vs NYG
- Carlos Hyde (SF) vs JAX
- Jay Ajayi (PHI) vs OAK
- Mike Davis (SEA) @ DAL
- Samaje Perine (WAS) vs DEN
- Isaiah Crowell (CLE) @ CHI
- DeMarco Murray (TEN) vs LAR
- Frank Gore (IND) @ BAL
- CJ Anderson (DEN) @ WAS
- Theo Riddick (DET) @ CIN
- Tevin Coleman (ATL) @ NO
- Derrick Henry (TEN) vs LAR
- Jerrick McKinnon (MIN) @ GB
- Jonathon Stewart (CAR) vs TB
- Peyton Barber (TB) @ CAR
- Duke Johnson Jr. (CLE) @ CHI
- Rod Smith (DAL) vs SEA
- Bilal Powell (NYJ) vs LAC
- Giovani Bernard (CIN) vs DET
Sleeper WR for Week 16: Martavis Bryant @ HOU — Although JuJu Smith Schuster is the better option of the two, Martavis should see a bigger overall benefit from Brown’s absence. He has the speed of Brown and I expect he’ll be used like AB was, and could see multiple catches of over 30 yards. I’m predicting 8 catches for 120 yards and a TD.
Bust WR for Week 16: Dez Bryant vs SEA — Dez Bryant may have once been a generational talent, but in 2017 he has failed to score any higher than 13.3 fantasy points. Even with Zeke back, Bryan
- DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) vs PIT — With no Antonio Brown this week, Hopkins is the clear cut number one WR in a better matchup than in week 15.
- Keenan Allen (LAC) @ NYJ — Allen is 100% healthy, which makes him an elite WR against a weak Jets defense.
- Michael Thomas (NO) vs ATL — Michael Thomas is getting targeted a ton by Drew Brees. He’s a no brainer WR1 in an important game for the Saints.
- Adam Thielen (MIN) @ GB — Thielen had a bad game against the Bengals, but he’ll be primed for a big bounceback against the Packers.
- Julio Jones (ATL) @ NO — Julio Jones has not been in the top 10 for fantasy wide receivers these past two weeks, but I would bet on him returning there in this hugely important game.
- Doug Baldwin (SEA) @ DAL — Baldwin suffered from poor play last week, but the Seahawks will be pressed into passing against the Cowboys as they try and stay in the playoff race.
- A.J. Green (CIN) vs DET — AJ Green may not be as dominant as he once was, but he’ll remain the top target in Cincinatti and should be a WR1 this week.
- Brandin Cooks (NE) vs BUF — Cooks hasn’t been a dynamo in past weeks, but I expect Brady and the rest of the Patriots offense to find their past effectiveness.
- JuJu Smith Schuster (PIT) @ HOU — He’s been playing extremely well, the Steelers are shooting for a #1 AFC berth and they get the league’s worst pass defense. Schuster could have a massive statline.
- Marvin Jones Jr. (DET) @ CIN — Jones has been a solid WR for weeks now, and he gets another chance to succeed on the road.
- Martavis Bryant (PIT) @ HOU — My sleeper of the week, Bryant could be the biggest beneficiary of AB’s injury in a prime matchup.
- Devin Funchess (CAR) vs TB — Funchess disappointed last week but he’s primed for a bounceback against the Bucs.
- Dede Westbrook (JAX) @ SF — With Marquise Lee out, Westbrook should be a solid WR2 with WR1 upside in an exploitable matchup.
- Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) vs NYG — It might be difficult for owners to go back to Fitz again after 2 bad weeks, but his volume and his matchup against the Giants bode well for a bounce back game.
- Stefon Diggs (MIN) @ GB — Diggs had a good game last week, and if he can continue to convert almost all of his targets he could be a great play this week.
- Tyreek Hill (KC) vs MIA — Tyreek Hill is fairly boom or bust. Miami should probably focus on Hill, making him reliant on a huge play in order to justify a start. Ceiling is sky high though.
- Mike Evans (TB) @ CAR — Evans finally came back to life last week and gets one last chance to lift his fantasy owners to glory.
- Alshon Jeffery PHI vs OAK — Jeffery will have a lower ceiling with Wentz gone. The 10.5 fantasy points he scored last week should be seen as a high-end of his spectrum.
- Robert Woods (LAR) @ TEN — Woods was able to produce a double-digit performance against the Seahawks, he’ll be a good bet to duplicate that this week.
- Jarvis Landry (MIA) @ KC — Cutler was awful last week, so Landry will be dependent on Cutler improving his game in order to pay off.
- Keelan Cole (JAX) @ SF — Cole had another fantastic performance, and with Lee out he’ll be primed for success.
- Michael Crabtree (OAK) @ PHI
- Golden Tate (DET) @ CIN
- Mike Wallace (BAL) vs IND
- Dez Bryant (DAL) vs SEA
- Mohamad Sanu (ATL) @ NO
- Sterling Shepard (NYG) @ ARI
- Marquise Goodwin (SF) vs JAX
- Josh Gordon (CLE) @ CHI
- Robby Anderson (NYJ) vs LAC
- Demaryius Thomas (DEN) @ WAS
- T.Y. Hilton (IND) @ BAL
- Cooper Kupp (LAR) @ TEN
- Chris Hogan (NE) vs BUF
- Jamison Crowder (WAS) vs DEN
- Paul Richardson (SEA) @ DAL
- Rishard Matthews (TEN) vs LAR
- Sammy Watkins (LAR) @ TEN
- Tyrell Williams (LAC) @ NYJ
- Randall Cobb (GB) vs MIN
- Rob Gronkowski (NE) vs BUF — Even though Brady has struggled, Gronk is the no-brainer TE1.
- Travis Kelce (KC) vs MIA — With the Chiefs in a playoff race, Kelce will likely be relied on heavily this week.
- Delanie Walker (TEN) vs LAR — Walker is the most solid option the Titans have in the passing game, he’ll be a focal point in the red zone if the Titans are to have any chance to beat the Rams.
- Evan Engram (NYG) @ ARI — They have nothing but pride to play for, but Spagnola will push his team as hard as he can as he tries out for the full time head coaching job.
- Zach Ertz (PHI) vs OAK — The only worry I have is if the Eagles rest their starters. Other than that this is a great matchup for Ertz.
- Jimmy Graham (SEA) @ DAL — Wilson will be back to throwing more often, and with more success, fire up Graham despite back to back poor weeks.
- Greg Olson (CAR) vs TB — Olson finally broke out, and in a huge way. He could be a focal point again for the Panthers, but he has bust potential as well.
- Kyle Rudolph (MIN) @ GB — He was banged up in this one, and still managed a TD. He has TD upside if he plays against the Packers.
- Eric Ebron (DET) @ CIN — Ebron has quietly become a reliable streamer, and is worth starting if you need a Tight End this week.
- Jack Doyle (IND) @ BAL
- Jared Cook (OAK) @ PHI
- Jason Witten (DAL) vs SEA
- Vernon Davis (WAS) vs DEN
- OJ Howard (TB) @ CAR
- Antonio Gates (LAC) @ NYJ
- Ravens vs IND
- Jaguars @ SF
- Chargers @ NYJ
- Panthers vs TB
- Vikings @ GB
- Bears vs CLE
- Steelers @ HOU
- Chiefs vs MIA
- Rams @ TEN
- Eagles vs OAK
- Cardinals vs NYG
- Patriots vs BUF
- Lions @ CIN
- Redskins vs DEN
- Broncos @ WAS
- Stephen Gostkowski (NE) vs BUF
- Wil Lutz (NO) vs ATL
- Justin Tucker (BAL) vs IND
- Matt Bryant (ATL) @ NO
- Kai Forbath (MIN) @ GB
- Matt Prater (DET) @ CIN
- Harrison Butker (KC) vs MIA
- Chris Boswell (PIT) @ HOU
- Dan Bailey (DAL) vs SEA
- Jake Elliott (PHI) vs OAK
And that does it! Another great season of fantasy football has come to a close. I hope I’ve been useful to you in your journey to fantasy glory.
I also hope to see you all back next year as we continue this sick obsession with the wonderful world of Fantasy Football.
Take care, football fans.
Mitch Lawson is a Canadian based Fantasy Football enthusiast and lifelong Seahawks fan. If you have questions or comments, send him an email at email@example.com. You can also find him on: